Tuesday, March 31, 2009

sorries...

so the reason for less postings is cuz I lost my internet protection - no one likes loosing their books to hackers, eh? so I'll be posting less, but still posting, daredevil that I am. Here's more...

I woke up around ten to the sound of knocking on my door. My tongue was thick with sleep. My eyes could barely open. There were crutches by the side of my bed. Oh great. I grabbed the crutches and wobbled over to the door, swearing under my breath.
“Who is it?” I said grumpily.
“Adyin,” I was replied. I flung open the door and flung my arms around him, crushing a bouquet of roses in the process. He laughed so freely – and I felt like I could fly. What a feeling that was. I never knew how much I loved him until I actually didn’t have him. He buried his face in my neck and commented on the lavender-chamomile smell. He has always loved that. He kissed my lips in the sweetest way ever and gathered me up in his arms. He dumped me on the couch and put the bouquet in a vase. He sat across from me and just looked like an interesting TV show was playing on my face.
“What?” I asked.
“You are so beautiful,” he said.
“Goob,” I said.
“Huh?” he asked confused.
“I read in a book once that goob is a term of endearment. It means that I like you – and, of course, I do,” I smiled. I giggled like a giddy teen – which it seemed I was.
He smiled.
“So why did you really come here?” I asked. I waited for a few minutes.
“I was wondering if you would come with me to Church,” he whispered. I hadn’t known Adyin was religious – I knew he was an Catholic, but I didn’t really know he went to church and all. I was Anglican myself, but not very religious. I couldn’t think of any way to say that God wasn’t my thing.
“Um, sure,” I said. Adyin grabbed me in his arms again and made me hold the crutches.
“Oh, and, since you’re not Catholic, don’t go for communion,” he said. “You don’t want to be called a heretic.”
“Okay.”

I knew that Guardians tended to be more religious and that most of them were eastern European. What I didn’t know was that there were so many Byzantine Catholics that they no longer said the Roman Catholic Mass. Adyin sat with me in the back, his arm wound around my waist. There was lot’s of sitting and standing and I dozed off a lot. There were reasons I hated late nights on Saturday. Afterwards, there were people congregating in the dining room for coffee and donuts. Tonia was there talking with Adam – I remembered that Adam was Greek Catholic and Tonia was Orthodox. I guess I didn’t figure them as religious either.
“Oh, Tess,” Tonia said, hugging me gently. “How are you? That guy was such a jerk to do that to you.”
“Tonia, he was drunk,” I laughed. “Plus Prince Charming was there to rescue the damsel in distress.” Adyin had walked off to get me a cup of coffee – I hadn’t known he was standing right behind me when I said that.
“Prince Charming, am I?” he asked, wrapping his arms around me. He kissed my cheek. “I’m cool with that.” Tonia winked and sat down with Adam right next to her.

We talked until the maids shooed us off for not letting them clear away the plates and get ready for lunch. Adyin got called off on business.
“I’ll miss you,” he whispered, running his hands through my hair.
“I’m cool with that,” I quoted. “Prince Charming.”
“Damsel Tess,” he teased. “Have fun, cripple.” He gave me a quick kiss and walked off.



Nuff for now, dears. And Vortican's fan fic [which i'll post eventually...] gave me the next scene :D :D :D thanks Vortican!

All my love,

Asiat

5 comments:

Vortican said...

First of all...
Goob!? as a term of endearment? Well, a goober is a peanut so maybe it's something like that ^_^

Vortican said...

I really like the attention to details in this entry, the lavender chamomile scent, Tess wobbling on the crutches, cruching ADyin's roses (well I guess they are techincally her ^_~).

Vortican said...

Starting on the religious aspect of the story, eh? It wouldn't be a real Byzantine service without coffee and donuts afterwards!
Why does Adyin choose this time to introduce Tess to his faith? Does he feel a new sense of urgency or love for Tess after her injury? Or maybe there is no time like the present (becuase it is the only time we have ^_~)?

Vortican said...

Cripple!! *o* Tess should've whacked him!...with her crutch!

Vortican said...

Can't wait for the next "fan-f-c inspired" scene!!
Wooooooooooooo!

hey, cherrios - smile!