Friday, March 20, 2009

a dash of poetry and some salt

Okay, so I admitt that salt has nothing to do with it - that the only reason I even put salt in was because I really needed some on the tuna I had for dinner.

But enough of that. You all know how I'm seriously addicted to ye ol' remakes of ye ol' classics. The latest is Charles Dickens [who knew?] 's romance, Little Dorrit. It is soooo charming. I could watch it forever. *fangirl squeeeee*

But anyways, sadly for Vortican, I forgot that poem I came up with. BUT, consolation prize - I made up another one that's loosely based Little Dorrit. No wonders there. Here goes:

He will take her to wonderland,
Where the water is clear
Where the guy gets the girl
And there is happily ever after.
He will take her to a place
Where the wild dreams come true
And tell her that when you love someone,
You see their eyes in the sky
And the sky in their eyes.
“Welcome to wonderland, love,” he’ll say.
“Welcome to the home you’ve been waiting for.
Welcome to the place where you belong.
When the world hates you,
Come back home to me,
To love,
To the wonderland.”
And she will respond:
“I will wait for you.
Until the bills get paid
And your work gets done,
Because I love you that much.”
He touches her cheek and kisses her mouth,
He knows she’s not pretty,
but she’s downright gorgeous to him.
“I’d rather gather you up,” he whispers,
“In the circle of my arms
And never ever let you go.
Because who wouldn’t?”
“Who wouldn’t,” she echos.
They are a perfect pair
In the wonderland air.
The streetlights are dim
And the air is warm.
There is no one but the other.
No mother, sister, or brother.
Welcome to the wonderland.

All my love,

Asiat

PS: YES, I did change shades of green in this post!

PSS: I hope to see some of you at the pysanky class!!

4 comments:

Vortican said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vortican said...

You see their eyes in the sky
And the sky in their eyes.

What an awesome line! I need to meet someone to say this knids stuff about! ^_~

Vortican said...

By the way, your change of shades of green through me off! I thought something was up with my eyes; looking at the screen too much or something o_o

Vortican said...

I totally did see you at pysanky class, and probaly will again this coming week!

hey, cherrios - smile!