Sunday, March 1, 2009

aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww :D

:D :D :D Love me!

Adam was waiting at the coffee and bookstore of the lodge.
“What took you so long?” he asked lightly.
“Tonia came and apologized,” I said hugging him. I ordered some blood orange tea and he took a sip on some earl grey. “Turns out we were both jealous of each other, but you don’t want to hear about that right?”
“Right,” he smiled.
“Okay, what do you want to talk about?” I asked. He seemed to think about that for a moment and then grinned at me. I knew I was avoiding things I had to tell him, but I wasn’t ready for that yet.
“What do you think about life?”
“Um… do you have a more specific topic?” I grinned back.
“Okay, you don’t mind the random and specific?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.
“Depends on the question,” I replied. He nodded.
“What’s your most embarrassing moment?” Wow. I sighed. That could have been a whole lot more personal and a whole less random, but I was glad he hadn’t asked something else. But the answer was simple.
“I slapped a guy,” I started. “When I was fourteen.” Adam’s eyes widened and he laughed.
“Really?” he asked.
“Really, really,” I replied. “And I ended up dating him, too.” Adam’s smiled wavered.
“About… Adyin,” Adam said quietly. “Um, you didn’t break up with him – for me – did you?”
“I broke up with him,” I said, but I held up my hand when he started to speak. “But, no, I didn’t do it for you. You made me realize a lot of things, Adam. Things like the fact that I wasn’t really happy dating Adyin; like I wasn’t happy not letting Tonia know what I was feeling. You’re a good friend – almost like a brother – but you will never be anything more.”
“No offense,” he said with a smile. “But I had no intention of ‘taking it to the next level’.” I laughed.
“Nor did I,” I replied. “I’ll always be there, but romance doesn’t exist for me. I don’t truly think anyone can feel that way about me, so why try and make them?” Adam put his hand on my knee.
“Someone out there will love you – romantically – for exactly who you are,” he said, staring at me with those deep brown eyes. “And, until that happens, you have me and Antonia. Don’t give up.”


All my love,

Asiat

3 comments:

Vortican said...

blood oragne tea = Yummo!
earl gray = meh (tho Capt Picard would disagree ^_~)

Vortican said...

Phew! I was worried Adam would get all mopey when Tess gave him the "I love you like a brother" speech. It's cool that he feels the same way.

Vortican said...

I hafta say, Tess has been really growing on me. I wasn't too crazy bout her character to begin with, but I feel like I'm getting to know her. To be able to admit her jealousy to Tonia and break up with Adyin (on the same day no less), Tess exhibits a great inner strength that she doesn't realize that she posesses.

hey, cherrios - smile!