Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mr. Debonaire

The Debonaire is owned by Adyin's family. Adyin's long-dead [:(] mother used to call him Mr. Debonaire and thus came the name Debonaire. And, no, I don't want confusion [ I can see it now a fan writing: WHY'D YOU NAME IT AGAR??? he's another book character... blah blah blah ]

So, anyways, now more things will make sense, Vortican. Good luck though!

I hung up and then, when I was about to go downstairs, heard a knock at my door. I opened it and, big surprise, there was the object of my jealousy. Tonia.
“Tonia,” I said stiffly.
“Um, Tess, can I talk to you?” she said shifting uncomfortably.
“I’m going out tonight, but if you make it quick I can.” She nodded.
“I – I’m sorry, Tess,” she began. I pulled her into my room and closed the door, but she didn’t stop talking. “I don’t know why I’m so wild sometimes. I’m not even sure why you snapped at me, but you’re right. I don’t think before I act. I do wild and crazy things because – well, because I want the attention that everyone always puts on you. I’m jealous of you, Tess. Everyone loves you, but no one really ever sees me.” I blinked in surprise.
“You’re jealous – of me?” I asked. She nodded. “Wow. That’s strange because I’m jealous of you. The way you can talk to guys and the way they look at you – the dazzling personality and even the courage to do those crazy stunts. I can’t do anything like that because social etiquette. I hate it, Tonia. I can’t do anything fun – can’t even flirt without getting a whole lecture that I can’t flirt without actually dating the person I’m flirting with… You have it good, Tonia,” I said quietly. “You don’t know how lucky you are.”

Tonia burst out laughing.
“What?” I asked in disbelief. She grabbed me in a tight hug.
“To think,” she whispered, “to think we’ve been jealous of each other the whole time. I’m sorry, Tess, darling.” She pulled away from me. I was surprised, knowing that I shouldn’t be – Tonia forgave like that and it was hard not to do the same. “Do you want to go to my room and watch movies?” Tonia used to live here full-time, so she had a permanent room full of everything. I hadn’t had a chance to move into my room.
“I’m sorry now, Tonia,” I said glancing at my watch. “I’m meeting Adam. We’re just hanging out though,” I told her, though that wasn’t entirely true. Adam had asked me out on a date, but I would be stuck telling him I didn’t want a relationship like that.
“Oh,” Tonia said looking down hearted – and jealous. Jealous? Light bulb, on.
“Tonia, do you like like Adam?” I asked.
“No, of course not,” she said defensively.
“The way you said that tells me otherwise,” I replied. We stared at each other for a couple of minutes. She sighed and gave up.
“Yeah, I like him, but it’s never going to happen. He doesn’t even know I exsist,” she said bitterly. “Promise me you’ll never, ever tell him.”
“Promise,” I said.
“Have fun,” she said closing the door as we both stepped out into the hall. She gave me a hug. “Thanks for forgiving me, Tess.”
“No kidding,” I said hugging back. “Thanks for not biting my head off. I was about to do that to you. I’m so sorry about that.” We both smiled at each other sheepishly and walked off in separate ways, promising to watch movies tomorrow.


:D :D :D

All my love,

Asiat

6 comments:

Vortican said...

Then you'd know that your fans are paying attention and reading your other books! I like the Debonaire back story tho, sweet yet tragic.

Vortican said...

FORGIVENESS HUG!! ^_^

Vortican said...

You really get in depth with Tonia and Tess' relationship in this entry. It sheds alot of light on the events up til now. Alos, thye must be really close to be able to talk about their feelings so openly; I hope nothing ever comes between their friendship!

Vortican said...

I have a feeling that Tess might have a little trouble with Adam regarding their "date". I wish her the best of luck staying friends with him!

Vortican said...

If Adam's family is wealthier than Adyin's, and he has a private jet named after him, then...whoa O_O
Super rich!

Exploding Custard Pants Man!!!! said...

I am so liking Tess.

And VORTICAN! I wanted to thank you for the awesome Valentine!!
Addressed to Me, as E.C.P.!!!
:P

hey, cherrios - smile!