Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mayhem, Madness, and Miracles

I realize I should probably do this more often, but I am seriously enjoying being sick. I just wrote one and 3/4 pages of awesomeness [laugh and die because I wrote in in fifteen minutes!!]. Another great part is that being couped up brings out my overly wild side and that translates into a great story. :D Perhaps you darlings would like to know what I've been up to?

Firebird of the Russian Mountains? Remember that? Well, here's a really awesome snip-it. :P too bad none of you know the ending... *evil laugh*



Grand Canyon, AZ

Things could certainly have been worse. Only now they were worse. Antonia was no where and Adam was just standing there like nothing was wrong.

Perhaps that was a lie. Tonia wasn’t no where. She was on this cliff – feet from falling into the Canyon – and she was stretching. Everyone was watching. Everyone. The Canyon’s police were just standing there in amazement. Yes, Antonia Ivanov, my best friend since forever, was causing a stir again.

You’d like in on this wouldn’t you? Antonia – perfect, curvy, sexy, by all terms. You’d love to be her friend, right? No doubt.

One thing Tonia is, is a guardian for Legend-Seekers. I’m a Legend-Seeker. Tonia is bad, smartass, and good at what she does. She’s better at her job than anyone I know. I trust her. I like her – heck I even love how she draws attention to herself, but we had a plane to catch. She could’ve brought a parachute, jumped off, then scare the death out of us and climb back up, so I wasn’t complaining at the bad timing of her latest stunt. It could have been a lot worse.

Who wouldn’t want to be her friend?

So this is where we start out. Just then, my cell phone rings irritably. I have to drag myself away from Tonia’s impressive feat and answer it.
“Hello?” I greet.
“Hello, who is this?” I hear on the other end. I know who it is.
“Hi, Alex,” I reply, a smile spreading over my face.
“Hey, Tess, what’s up?” he asked. He always loosened up when I was on the phone – Tonia or Adam? – not so much.
“Tonia’s proving that she can be sexier than any other woman on the planet,” I said frowning. He laughed.
“I seriously doubt that,” Alex chuckled. He thought I was pretty sexy, which I was fine with. We’d had an on-and-off relationship for a while now.
“No? She’s doing stretches on a cliff in the middle of the Grand Canyon,” I said excitedly. “There are like ten guys – and they’re girlfriends or fiancés – watching. They don’t look so happy.”
“What the hell is she wearing that they’re staring?” he asked, smiling.
“Nothing,” I replied quickly – and then I realized how bad that sounded.
“WHAT?” Alex almost shouted.
“Sorry, sorry,” I apologized. “I meant nothing that would cause them to stare at her – no scanty bikinis, cleavage tops, low-cut sexy short shorts. Nothing. I guess her stretching might be considered hot – or her cunning to go on a cliff.”
“Okay, for a second I was worried,” Alex sighed, he was back to smiling.
“There a reason you called, or did you want to check up on us?” I asked. It was our first vacation with Tonia guarding us, so I guess they had a right to check on us.
“No, we’re not checking up,” Alex replied. I sighed in relief, Tonia would get bad marks for drawing attention. “I’m calling up with an assignment for you…” I gasped. Really? An assignment? So soon?
Alex filled me in on the mission then hung up with “more important business”. Apparently, I was supposed to go catch that damn flight and fill everyone in. I couldn’t wait until we got on the plane, I have to do some research.

Half an hour later, Tonia came back up, got a serious lecture from the police, and then, amazingly, was let go without charges. Wow. She pranced up to us – her cheeks aglow with excitement. Adam gave her a half-hug.
“Sweet,” he said.
“I know!” Tonia exclaimed. “It was so cool. Man, who am I kidding? That was amazing.” She glanced at me and didn’t see my usual frantic excitement, her smile fell. “What’s wrong, Tess?” she asked.
“Nothing’s wrong,” I smiled. “We got our first assignment.”

“Oh. My. God,” she squealed. We hugged and jumped up and down. This was a huge chance – a once in a life time kind of thing. We screwed up now, and we’d never be Legend-Seekers. This was a chance we couldn’t afford to screw up. “So what is it?”
“I’ll tell you on the plane,” I replied. Adam was flabbergasted. He just stood there and stared. Then he smiled. Tonia slapped his head playfully.
“What, Mythbuster, afraid of your new job?” she teased.
“A little shocked is all,” he replied faintly. “And scared.”
She put her hands on his shoulders and jumped up and down, “What? Afraid of a little danger?”
“Yes,” Adam whispered.
“Don’t worry,” Tonia laughed, nudging him in the ribs. “I’ll protect you, I always do, don’t I?”

There was more than teasing in her statement – she meant it. She would protect us because she had signed up and trained for this job most of her life. She loved doing it.

We rushed to the airport and found out that our plane wasn’t there. Instead of the commercial plane we were waiting for, we were met on the runway by a sleek black jet. This was so cool. I would never get over how cool my job was. I got to skip school – after all, that’s still a plus side when you don’t even have your drivers permit and your sixteen – travel all around the world, and spend time with my two best buds. Could it get any better?



YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET :P hahaha. I have a really imaginative brain for all this... and there isn't much romance because I'm defo in the mood for some hardcore action right now. Vortican will love this.

Mayhem, Madness, and Miracles,

Asiat

3 comments:

Vortican said...

You're right!! I totally love this!!!

Vortican said...

Tonia is a really new character, you've never written anyone like her before. She's fierce , confident, and a bit of an adrenylin junkie. Awesome *o*! I love that she causes this huge scene and then gets off with a warning. Despite her showmanship, you can really tell she cares for her friends with the teasing Adam and how she responds to Tess.

Vortican said...

RAWR! I can't wait to read more!! Until then I will go reread the first entry! Woooooo! \^o^/

hey, cherrios - smile!