Wednesday, March 25, 2009

more than a whole lot.

I believe our subject is called an oxymoron - like a rich beggar, nice shack... ya know? well, off the dang randomness...

 

Has anyone noticed that Fr. Taras looks like those guys that sing "Those Rosy Roses" in "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"? o, wait, i think that's a whole ton more randomness... oops :D

 

well, more FoRM!!! [and it's my all-time fav scene!]

 

The ride was short and in style. Gorbachov's house was packed. I half expected to see a bunch of old people – which wasn't entirely a lie, but there were many, many younger people there. They stared after Tonia and I. Our partners and I held our heads high and looked as if we were better than anyone. Most of the younger women had floor length gowns – and then there was Tonia and myself with leg-showing dresses. We certainly looked better than they did.

            We were introduced to many guests. Mr. Gorbachov – who I've never seen in my life – treated us like we were his children. He told his butler to show us to those who we already knew. The butler lead us down many winding corridors. It was a luxurious place.

 

            The butler lead us to what seemed to be our own private ballroom – I wondered what he did to have so much money and how on earth he had recreated some eighteenth century mansion in the New York countryside. My father was there along with half the Legend-Seekers. Apparently there was a big case about a murderous mythical creature. I didn't really want to know. I received hugs and I saw Tonia and Adam separate. My father held me tightly.

            "There's someone who wants to see you," he whispered, taking my hand. He led me off into a corner. Before we reached it, he left me. "Forgive him," he said. Who was him?

 

            When I saw him, I did not recognize him – how could I? He looked like he hadn't slept in weeks – not just days. The light that I found so comforting in his eyes was dulled – like he hadn't seen the light of day for years. Could it be possible that we hadn't seen each other for two days?

            Adyin. Adyin, my Gaelic little fire. My heart skipped several beats. I couldn't breathe. Could it be possible that I'd actually missed him that much – in such a little time? It didn't seem all that possible. He looked like a hobo. His beautiful black hair that was usually slicked back was in his face. He turned his sad, sad, blue eyes on me.

            "You look fantastic," he smiled sadly. I slid into the booth he already sat in. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come."

            "No, no," I soothed. "I'm glad you came – but I'm not quite sure why." I took his hand and used my free hand to brush the hair away from his face. "There," I announced. "Presentable." He turned his face away from me and took a long gulp of whiskey. "What's wrong?"

            "Did you miss me, Tess?" he asked. He stared right into my eyes. I snuggled against him and hugged him.

            "Yes, immensely," I replied. Adyin looked surprised.

            "Really?" he asked, shocked.

            "Yes," I whispered. He wrapped his arms around me and just held me there. His arms felt so good and so right and so very warm around me.

            "I missed you too," he replied. "Actually, it's pretty pathetic, but I haven't slept or eaten anything for days. Every time I blinked your face blared across my eyelids. I had to come and see you because – well, because I love you. I had to tell you that I love you." He kissed my hair. I just sat there, mesmerized by his soft British accent. It was the first time he'd ever said he loved me.

            "You love me?" I asked.

            "Yes."

            "Truly?"

            "Yes." I just sank into his arms and hugged him tightly. My chest puffed up like a rooster. I smiled uncontrollably. "You still smell like lavender and chamomile," he whispered.

            "It's my perfume, what did you expect?" I teased. "I'm going to get a drink, do you want something weaker than a shot of whiskey?"

            "You're trying to decided weather or not to trust me, eh?" he smiled. I nodded. "That's okay," he said. "I wouldn't trust me." I kissed his cheek and stood up.

 

            While walking over to the drinks, I felt a hand on my waist. I spun around to find a completely drunk stranger trying to grab me in all the wrong places. I shoved him away.

            "Excuse me," I said harshly. "Back the heck off."

            "What, you set up a lap dance for him, but not for me?" he slurred. He tried to wrap his arms around my waist. I slapped him so hard that people started turning and staring.

            "I said don't touch me," I said as menacingly as I could manage.

            "No woman says no to Sir Barry O'Liven," he shouted.

"I believe I just did," I sneered. He threw a punch that landed right on my jaw, then kicked my feet out from under me.

 

            I skidded on the floor and heard my ankle crack painfully; I held my jaw in pain. Sir Barry O'Liven came and stood over me; I spit in his face.

            "You little – " was all he got out before someone grabbed his suit and shoved him into the bar.

            "You leave her alone," Adyin growled.

            "What? You don't want to share?" Barry laughed. I shuddered. Adyin grabbed his coat so roughly, the seams ripped.

            "I said leave her alone," he said, narrowing his eyes and staring right at him. Security rushed into the room next. They took Sir Barry O'Liven into another room to calm down. Adyin ran to my side, but, with his long legs, there wasn't much room to run. He gathered me in his arms and I cried on his shoulder. He soothed me and whispered how brave I was. I didn't feel brave. I was ready to have an all-out breakdown. Tonia and Adam were there in a flash, but Adyin shoed them off.

            Gorbachov came and lead Adyin to a nurse's office where I got butterfly stitches in my cheek and jaw and my ankle in a bandage. Adyin lounged in a chair and I lay on him. He wrapped his arms around me and hummed. I fell asleep.

 

 

Okay, I know that was a long segment, but I couldn't shorten it :D anyways, it was very good.

 

All my love,

 

Asiat

 

PS: OLIVIA: SPARKLER!!!

 

 

 

 


6 comments:

Vortican said...

You know, I've never seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I suddenly feel left out -_-*

Vortican said...

I was worried about this scene, I'll admit it. However I will now admit that it turned out way differently than I was expecting.

Vortican said...

Sir Barry O'Liven (Really?! What a name!) is quite the cad, and Tess responds firmly. Nice to see her showing some spunk! The sucker punch was bad enough, but then those sexy stilettos went and broke her ankle as she fell.

Vortican said...

I think my favorite asepct is how you've written Adyin's response to Sir O'Liven's drunken violence. With controlled intensity so great he actully rips the suit, Adyin steps in. You definately get the feeling he would beat the crap outta that guy if his self control wasn't so good (also he's concerned about Tess).

Vortican said...

Still after all that, It is a rather voilent encounter at the swanky party. A brutal jaw punch and a broken ankle!?! WHat the heck!

Unknown said...

Hey nice one!!!
I really liked it!
Like always I cant wait to read more.

hey, cherrios - smile!