Tuesday, September 16, 2008

beauty; love; my inspiration.

or so says Agar.... the new Edward Cullen.... I already love him...

Chapter 1
Elise

Autumn branches lifted towards the sky. A thick mist filled the air. The sky was a dark foreboding grey and it contrasted against the brightly colored leaves. My fingers delicately touched each other as I held them stiffly together at my waist. My mouth was pressed into what seemed like an everlasting frown and anyone who knew and elf would be able to tell that I was sad. Perhaps they might guess I was heartbroken. If they did as such, they would be right.
My burgundy cloak kept the dampness from my clothes, but it did not keep the damp from my heart. I pulled the hood of my cloak further over my ears. They had a sharp point and I did not like when people who stared, so I kept my ears covered. I was very alert – and I knew why – I wanted to see him again. Every time I heard the slightest sound – every single cracking twig and crunching leaf – I would turn and my heart would break all over again. Because I knew, I knew that he would not be there to take me in his arms.
My heart was like the Tree of Anadora, forever bleeding tears. I imagined him – every curve of his face; his gentle façade; his intense blue eyes and long black eyelashes. My heart was a dam – and his face was a deep crack that made tears gush forth. My mind wandered to when we had parted. He had said nothing until I guessed. His eyes had red rims and dark shadows from lack of sleep.
Questions filtered through my head. The dam’s crack grew wider. The strings of my heart had been severed and were hemorrhaging. Why had he said those things? Did he mean it when he said that he never wanted to see me again? But an even bigger question lingered:

Had he ever loved me at all?


Agar
I stood behind the thickest oak tree I could find. I wanted to surprise her – see those perfect plump lips spread and form an elegant smile. Elise. I wanted her to look up at me through those eyelashes. I wanted her. I longed for her. I peeked over the side of the trunk and made a big mistake – a twig cracked under my weight, sending echoes through the forest.
She turned my way and all I wanted to do was run to her and kiss her – until I saw her face. The once beautiful olive-toned skin was pale. Her cheeks were sunken in. Her lips did not purse or play into a crooked smile; they were hidden in a wave of agonistic pain. My heart broke. Tears brimmed my eyes. Her beautiful luminous violet eyes were blank and dead. Her posture held nothing but pain and sadness.
I felt the urge to sweep her into my arms and tell her that I would never leave her side again. I wanted to tell her so many things that I was not sure that I could say them all. I needed to tell her just one sentence. Three words, but it was overwhelmingly hard just to admit what I felt to myself. She looked so terrifyingly beautiful; so sad; so lost.
Another twig cracked behind me. I spun around because I knew that I had not broken it. Her eyes bored into mine and her slender fingers stretched over my mouth – but it was not who I wanted it to be. She smiled.
“Young-Eye,” she whispered. “We are here to help you.”
I turned to see the faces of my brothers and sisters.
“Blue-Eye,” I said bowing my head respectfully. “You do not have to do this.”
“We want you to be happy,” Blue-Eye said with a small frown. “Of all people you should know that when one member of the pack is unhappy, the entire pack is unhappy.” She gave me a rueful grin.
“Thank you,” I whispered, my tears coming back.
“Come, Agar,” she said, not using my pack name. “You have an elf to catch. I will show you where she is.”
“But she is right there…” I trailed off and pointed to where she had been, but she was not there. Red-Stripe, my brother, patted my back and motioned me to follow him and Blue-Eye. He and my pack-leader had loved each other from the beginning; I knew that they wanted me to be happy.


Elise

I had the positive sensation that someone was following me. As an elf, I would know, but every time I turned there was no one. No one was what I was scared about – I did not want to be alone. I walked along the path until I found the stream. I sat down beside it and cried for a time. I started analyzing why I had loved Agar. He could sneak up on me – and sometimes I liked to be scared, but only because I knew that I would find him there.
The water rushed, bubbling happily and I wondered how the water could be happy when I was not. Then I chided that I was not being logical. I did not want to be logical – I was sick and tired of doing the right thing, the logical thing. The water still continued its course too cheerfully.
I looked to a small part of the stream and uttered a spell. Agar’s face appeared – with red eyes and tears reflecting on the sparkling waters. Tears poured down my face. Then there was that presence again and I turned and was rewarded by a blank view of dying trees. I returned my gaze to the water, watching as Agar’s face faded on the water.
Tears slid down my face. Why did he have to hurt so much? I would have tried to ‘see’ him again, but the strength was just drained from me. I lay down on the grass. I couldn’t gather the courage and strength to get up, so I just lay there. There was another one of those twigs cracking, but I did not bother breaking my heart again. I felt something at my throat and my eyes fluttered open.


Agar

I brushed my fingers against her throat, but I swear I did not know she would act that way. She crawled away from me and breathed heavily, closing her eyes and opening them. Fighting tears.
“What are you doing?” Elise whispered so quietly that I could barely hear. “Your pack; your life; if you come back you… This must be a dream.” She uttered a spell that took away dreams, but I was still there. “No, no; go away!”
“Never,” I said. “How could I part myself with the other half of my heart? May I come to you, or will you snarl at me like a feline?”
“But it can’t be true!” she yelled. “I – I had just overcome the thought of not having you.” I came closer and brushed the tears that fell so freely from her eyes.
“No; that cannot be true,” I whispered. “I’ve missed you; I hope that you missed me too. My heart would break if I was more in love with you than you were with me.”
She was silent. She looked so different. I could see the fear in her eyes when she saw me. I came closer and brushed my nose and lips against her jaw line – stopping at the tip of her jaw. I gently pressed my lips against her cheek; then I drifted towards her lips.



Elise

“May I?” he whispered. I was so frightened; it was all so unexpected.
I was so frightened that I could not even answer him. All I could to was nod. He hesitated and I just stood there. He pressed on. It was one of the most sensational feelings I had ever had; I rode on a tidal wave of pleasure.
“Thank you,” he murmured, just loud enough for my elfish ears to hear. He smiled, “Not so bad; was it?”
I only managed to nod. When would I stop feeling intimidated by him?
“Agar, I’m sorry,” I whisper. “Thank you.”
“You’re welcome, dear heart,” he replied.

He kissed me again, only sweeter and softer. I took his hand in mine and began tracing his blue veins and reaching up my hand to brush his cheek. He was just so beautiful. I could not imagine anyone better. I breathed his sweat and love in; the most beautiful medicine ever.

now that wasn't so bad now was it?

i would do ANYTHING for a guy like this... i guess that's why i made him and like him so much : )

All my love,

Asiat.



5 comments:

Asiat Averas said...

sorry it's so long... does anybody else feel the tension???

Olivia Krišková said...

it's good - one question though: did you start reading New Moon yet? Cus that's what I thought of as I was reading the beginning : )

Asiat Averas said...

k... i haven't even returned twilight yet!!! chill girl.

Vortican said...

Elves and werewolves! Totally awesome!! Everything creates an atmosphere of loss and heartbreak, from the damp burgundy cloak to the cold autumn mist. I would like to know more about Elise and Agar!

Tabitha said...

tell me more tell me more!!!!!!!

hey, cherrios - smile!