Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Minion Journals: 7/18/08

Topic: True Love, Myth or Reality?

It has been long since I've written, minions. I sit in the shade, the sun dappled shadows over me. Swatting flies and sipping lemonade. This, I realize, is why I hate camping. I dislike having to use my ingunuity for things other than books. I hate having to write my thoughts down because, even though I love my handwritting, ir can be a horrid affair trying to dicyfer it. [curse my bad spelling!]

Alas, I believe it is time to reveal the true reason for my writing. Yesterday, thrusday, I believe, I was speaking to my friend, Olivia. I had my precious notebook of the revised Assassin's Promise when I concieved the idea to allow them to read my Author's Note.

Yes, it is easy to admit, that the contents of my note was brilliantly strange. So as to spare you two minutes: here is a brief summary of it.

Dear Reader,
You should know that Adala, Shamnal, and Kate-lynn of my books are, at the heart, the learning of one leason: true love. Now while I believe that true love does not exsist in anything other than books, movies, shows, and music, I must say that I dearly want someone to prove me WRONG! Well, that's not going to happen anytime soon!
Much love to all my fans,
Asiat Averas

Something like that O.K? Olivia went something like *gasp* 'how could you not believe in true love?'

I've one question.... Is it that hard to believe?

Much love,
A. A.

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Yes it is so hard to believe!!! Yes there are so many failed relationships in the world, but take a look at the ones that work and then tell me that none of them have true love!! I have so many examples of it in my family...my parents, grandparents, aunt and uncle! I only hope that i can find it too!!!

Oh and in case you didn't notice i was inspired by you to create my own blog more of my stories to come!

Olivia Krišková said...

I just love how much you mention me, seriously, I'm finally famous.

So, back to the topic - True Love, Myth or Reality? - This is a topic of great interst to me. One that I think requires more discussion than me leaving a comment here. But...

So, though at your old age, you may already be despairing that your Mr. Darcy has not come along to prove your idea, that true love does not exist, wrong, I beg you not to give up hope yet.

And no, it's not hard to believe that you don't believe that true love exists, because, in all honesty, for a number of years, I was in complete agreement with your idea (*gasp*).

oh darn, we must continue this later, duty (the dishes) calls...

hey, cherrios - smile!