Saturday, April 25, 2009

NJ: read Lipstick first!!!

The plane flight was a long and grueling ten hours and 20-some minutes. Alec’s minions took our phones. And that’s when I began to feel guilty. The onset horror that I’d emotionally sent Adyin down a cliff wasn’t at all thrilling – in fact, it was pretty pathetic. I felt like a two year old who was a complete brat and seriously needed to be slapped. Adam held my hand and smiled at me sadly before turning away and sleeping. When we woke up – about 5 A.M. back home – the sun was shining brightly and it was one o’clock… in the afternoon. I was tired. I wanted to see Tonia and just crash on her shoulder – but she’d be needing me, if I ever saw her. Adyin, Adyin, why did I let you go?
Initially, I felt guilty, but then there was the anger and resentment. How could people stand there and watch as they saw their best friend get kidnapped? I figured that I personally wasn’t cut out for Legend-Seeking because I was a little too passionate. Maybe I’d get fired. Where would I go then? Would Adyin ever take me back?
I pushed the thoughts out of my head as we landed, the bright afternoon sun was not even visible. It was dreary, cold, wet, and mucky. And all Adam and I were dressed in were sweatshirts. Alec led us to an office – the head of the airport’s office – and told us to stay there because it was heated. He closed the door behind us.
“What size are your clothes?” he asked.
“Why do you want to know?” I asked – so very tired.
“Teresa, do you want to freeze? What size are your clothes?” he repeated.
“Size 9 jeans, size 9 shoes, I’m not sure what size shirts…” I droned. He asked the same of Adam, translated it into Russian size and gave instructions to his henchmen. He posted a guard in front of the office and walked out. Ten minutes later I got impatient.
“Hey!” I called, banging on the office door. “Hello?” A few minutes later, Alec reappeared.
“Yes?” he asked, crossing his arms over his chest.
“Can we have our cells phones back?” I demanded.
“No,” he responded. I moved in front of the door.
“I’m not letting you out until you give me my cell,” I snarled. He chuckled eerily.
“Teresa,” he sighed, “I could snap you like a twig, but very well, you may have your cell phones.” He reached into his pocket and threw them at Adam, who caught them soundly. I moved away from the door.
“Thank you,” I breathed. He smiled and walked past me out of the door. I felt a chill run down my already icy spine. Was this some sort of sick crush? Alec was… kind of cute, but… Adyin.
Adyin – he created some deadly fiery passion rise up like a monster in me. Was that what being in love felt like? I’ve heard it described as fire burning up your chest and like your lungs and heart are about to explode. You loose concentration and train of thought whenever they’re present. That hadn’t happened, but what if I did really love Adyin? What if I didn’t fall in love in the “typical fashion”? I could say that I hadn’t lost weight, but I’d missed him terribly over two days. Maybe it was when we were apart that I truly missed him? How long would saving Tonia take?

I already missed him.


posting fron New Jersey... not cooL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm writing like a machine though, and I'm WAY ahead of you!!! MUAHAHHAHAHA!

Kisses to my peeps!

Asiat

3 comments:

Vortican said...

Rawr, Tess is kinda interested in Alec. Weird love triangle alert!! Specially since he kidnapped her best friend and stabbed her boyfriend (although I guess one of his henchmen may have stabbed Adyin instead) ^_~

Vortican said...

O_O
Clothes sizes!? Given the way the conversation's going, Tess should be a little concerned about the type of clothes Alec is gonna roll up with. Probably something like the "butn every guys retinas" outfit that she fought Sir Barry in.

Vortican said...

Why is posting from NJ not cool?! You are still posting FoRM so that = Awesome (for me at least, sucks for you!) ^_^

hey, cherrios - smile!