Monday, April 20, 2009

FoRM???

not much time... i'm dozing here...
Her silver crest shown like stars and her red feathers glowed like they were on fire. She was magical – just magical. Her golden amber eyes looked at me inquisitively. The light coming off of her was as bright as the sun.

But suddenly, all too suddenly for me to take it in at the time, the walls shuddered and began to collapse. Behind me, Tonia, who I’d never even know was following me, jumped out and grabbed me, pulling me onto the threshold as the floor of Chloe’s home collapsed. Chloe jumped off of her perch and cawed loudly. Mr. Gorbachov fell and screamed in agony. We looked down on him with sympathy – but that was only the beginning of our mistake.
In the short time we spent ignoring Chloe’s caws and looking down on Mr. Gorbachov, someone threw a net over Chloe, sending her crashing down onto the floor next to her master. Unfortunately, Mr. Gorbachov was incapable to free or save his bird when a black masked man came and put a needle into the thrashing bird. Tonia jumped after him, rushing down the damaged stairs after the man. The man was too absorbed in tormenting Mr. Gorbachov that he barely noticed Tonia coming upon him. She was about to knock him out – literally, because Tonia could knock someone out with one of her punches – and he just turned around, broke her wrist, punched her in the face, and flung her over his shoulder.
Tonia’s not light, I couldn’t carry her, but this guy did it with ease. He struggled a little, but managed to walk off. Right before he walked off – to where I didn’t know – he took a knife from inside his coat and threw it at my face; I was pretty sure I’d die. I close my eyes, thinking that if I kept them closed I wouldn’t feel the pain. After a few seconds, when nothing touched me, I dared to peek - Adyin was standing right in front of me with a knife in his shoulder.
“Oh my God,” I gasped. Tears just formed in my eyes and I almost fell of the ledge. Adyin grabbed me with his one usable arm and held me close, his hand cradling my head and holding me close.
“Thank God you’re alright,” he whispered.
“No, I’d rather be dead – look: Tonia’s kidnapped and you’re hurt,” I sobbed. He only smoothed my hair in response.
“Don’t blame yourself, please, darling,” he said, his voice a low, sweet sound – like someone singing a lullaby. “I’m glad I saved your life. I’d be glad to take more than a knife for you.”
“Shut up!” I cried thrashing out of Adyin’s grasp. “My best friend is gone and I don’t even know who took her? And you? You just sit there saying it’ll be all okay? It won’t be till she’s back home, I swear.”
“What are you yelling at me for?” Adyin gave me a sad smile. He shook his head.
“Just leave me alone, go to the nurse, or something!” I growled. My head hurt and my best friend was kidnapped by someone I didn’t know. Anger and adrenaline pumped through my veins. I punched a wall and tottered on my crutches and I had eight bloody splinters in my knuckles. I sat with my legs dangling and leaned my head against the doorway.



I think it's a little choppy - not my best part... and the part I was having trouble on... GOOD LUCK to those who write fan fic!!!

All my love,

Asiat

4 comments:

Vortican said...

I don't know what you're so worried about, this part is pretty good! Mythical creatures (great description by the way) Unexpected action! Adyin blocking the ninja knife for Tess (rawr! *_*)

Vortican said...

"GOOD LUCK to those who write fan fic!!!"

Off the the keyboards! Though I wouldn't change anything, just maybe add some more details.

Vortican said...

The team is falling fast...
Tess is on crutches courtesy of Sir O'Liven.
Tonia broke her wrist and is kidnapped.
Adyin has an assassin's blade stuck in his shoulder.
O_O
At least Adam is currently unscathed.

Asiat Averas said...

don't count on Adam's unscathed-sitch. he's the heart of the book - his heart is a broken thing... that's where he's scathed!!!

hey, cherrios - smile!