Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Get thee to a nunnery!

My Literature class is FINALLY!!! doing Shakespeare. I'm so happy :D

Alas, the Reduced Shakespeare Company has brought a funny side to Shakespeare and viola! I actually understand what Shakespeare is saying.

I was watching Hamlet... another all-time fav and I was watching one of the greatest scenes in the entire abridged version.

"Get the to a nunnery!" Hamlet exclaims.

They bring a lady from the audience and to get her 'in character' they divide the audience into a couple of sections.

Sec. 1: The Ego: runs back and forth on the stage.

Sec. 2: The Id: puts both arms over head and screams: "Maybe... Maybe NOT!!!" over and over again.

Sec. 3: The Male Rep.: screams "Get thee to an nunnery!"

and another one that you can go see yourself.


All my love,

Asiat

2 comments:

Olivia Krišková said...

someone feeling a little hyper tonight? I wish I could, but no matter how much I try, I cannot stand Shakespeare...Give me Tolstoy, Hardy, Gaskell, Bronte, Austen, or Meyers...and I'll leave the Shakespeare to you : )

Amanda said...

I had no idea you liked Shakespeare. I read one of his plays last year for school. Not a big fan of his. lol
~ Amanda

hey, cherrios - smile!