Wednesday, August 12, 2009

More of Kristy's Story (PLEASE i need name help!)

After Alice has settled Allan in the kitchen with some cookies, she brought some cookies and coffee out for us on the porch. Alice put a plate down on the table and sat down next to me in her rocker.
“Look, I just got…,” she said, handing me a camera.
“Excuse me, miss,” a hobo said to Alice. “D’ya have a moment? I’d be much obliged.”
“Sure,” Alice said, wiping her hands on her apron and standing up.
“Alice…,” I said.
“No, it’s alright, Kristy,” Alice said. “I live to help the people.” She winked. “C’mon after him if I don’t come back.”

I waited… and waited… and waited… and, when I finally had enough, I got up and went into the back alley. Alice was laying there on her back. And there was this guy, with a long white scar on his neck, running backwards.
“Alice, Alice, stay with me,” I said, gently patting her hand. “C’mon, Alice.”
“What?” she asked groggily. “Kristy, what happened?”
“I don’t know, Alice, give me a minute,” I said. “Allan?” I called. “Allan!”
“Yeah, I mean yes, mum,” Allan responded from the porch. “What’cha need?”
“Okay, Allan, I need you to go call on Doctor Farrow,” I said. “Alice’s hurt. I need you to go. Tell him to bring tons of bandages – and that we might need to go to the hospital.”
“Okay, mum,” Allan said.
“Run, Allan, run!” I yelled.
“Okay, mum,” he repeated. I heard his footsteps along the street and prayed that he would get there and back safely.

“Kristy?” Doctor Farrow called. I sighed. He had delivered Allan – and was Allan’s uncle, whether he knew it or not – I trusted him a lot. “Kristy, what happened? Where’s Alice?” He saw Alice on the floor next to me. “Oh, God. I can’t treat this, we need to take her to the hospital. Help me carry her, will you, Kristy?”
“Allan, sit in front and wait for us,” I said, while lifting Alice up and maneuvering her into Doctor Farrow’s car.
“She’s been stabbed at least twice,” he said, closing the door. “I don’t know if she’ll make it.” The car’s engine turned over and then called itself to life. Doctor Farrow sped through the streets to the hospital. He ran into the hospital and came out with a team of doctors and nurses who took Alice away.
“Wait, what’s happening?” I asked. “What’s happening? Please tell me!” I begged the nurses. No answer. Doctor Farrow finally came out of one of the sections of the hospital labeled no entrance, doctors only.
“Dr. Farrow,” I said, standing in his way. “Tell me what’s up with Alice.”
“I don’t know, Kristy, I don’t know,” he replied running a hand through his grey hair. “It doesn’t look good, but the doctors are trying to pull Ms. Brown back together again. In the meantime, why don’t you go back to the house, the police have to ask you some questions.”
“Okay,” I said quietly. “Okay…”


----------------------------------------------------

commentos, darlings!

Asiat

4 comments:

Vortican said...

Sorry for the long absence...
So did the hobo stab Alice or was the guy with the scar someone else that was lurking around?

Vortican said...

And so Kristy's life begins to take a turn for the tragic. Is she going to call the police?

Vortican said...

When do we meet Jack Stork >_<
Impatience!

Asiat Averas said...

hahahaaa. oops. i forgot that i didn't intro the great man himself! jeez. i'll get on that!

<3 A.

hey, cherrios - smile!