Saturday, June 13, 2009

hello kittens :D

not. so, if ya want kudos from moi, then read the post before it and u'll be informed.


The Greensborough Lodge, New York

Things had changed a lot since Adam left. Tonia tried to pretend that she didn’t miss him, but I knew she did. Adyin was being wonderful to both of us – since we were still on probation. He kept us in the loop and gave us tiny little things to research for his bigger cases. He took us for a “Girls’ Night Out” every Friday. He and Tonia had become really good friends – which was something I saw as kind of strange, and I tried not to get jealous.
In the meantime, I still kept in touch with Adam, who was now working on probation in Cairo, Egypt. He sent me letters about the hot, dry climate and his strange case – which caught even my attention. Capturing the media attention was a mass-murdering spree, but the media didn’t know that their murderer was a well-known, crazed sphinx called Cleopatra. She was the creature Cleopatra, the queen, was named after. I was still incredulous about the actual existence of sphinxes because we had disproved their existence for over forty years. It was hard to think that searching was in vain.

It was a warm Sunday in May, after church – which was part of preparation for our baptism, when I received a call from my cousin Felix, who was currently acting as Adam’s Guardian.
“Tess,” he said, “Please, I don’t know what to do – Adam’s gone missing.”
“What? Slow down, Felix,” I soothed. “What do you mean Adam’s gone missing?”
“On Friday night, Adam went out to do some research,” Felix explained more thoroughly. “He never came back and he’s not answering his phone. The thing is, I was looking through Adam’s research and he highlighted two points. One, the sphinx took the people for the day before killing them – and if the sphinx took Adam, then he’s already dead. And two, all of the victims were males of Greek descent – like Adam. I’m not sure what to do, I alerted the police and the Legend-Seeker Council, but…” he trailed off.
“You’re worried about him,” I finished. “I’ll see what I can do, Felix. I can’t promise much.”
“You sound like you’re not worried,” Felix said, I could hear the confusion in his voice.
“I am worried, believe me,” I said. “But I found out being hysterical doesn’t do any good.”
“Okay, then,” Felix sighed. “I’ll let you go.”
“Okay, bye.”

“Who was that?” Adyin asked, sitting on my couch with a cup of coffee and the newspaper.
“Felix,” I answered. “He says that Adam’s gone missing. I’m going to Edna to see if I can get anywhere.”
“Adam’s missing?” Adyin said surprised. “What happened?” I sat down and quickly explained the situation. Adyin got a call to the Legend-Seeker Council room and stood. Adyin kissed my cheek gently. “My superwoman,” he smiled. “I’m sure you’ll find Adam without even going to Cairo.”
“Yeah, well,” I sighed, “Adam’s parents aren’t going to care – they’re workaholics. Someone’s got to look out for him.”
“And that’s you?” Adyin said lifting and eyebrow. “Thought that was Tonia?”
“Tonia is on a career path,” I said. “Got a problem with that? I’m still your girlfriend, but you’re not my only friend.” I sensed the animosity towards Adam. Adyin sometimes got jealous too.
“No, I’ll be okay – just get jealous sometimes…” he explained.
“Hey,” I said lifting my hands in the air, “I get jealous all the time, don’t worry.”
“You do?” Adyin asked.
“Though you don’t seem to notice, most people still think Tonia’s pretty hot,” I smiled.
“I’m sorry,” he smiled. “I got to go, darling. I love you – no matter what.”
“Yeah, yeah,” I replied. “Go on – you have more important things to do than go all gaga over me. I love you too.” With one last wink, Adyin left me.



GUESS WHAT??? Well, it shouldn't be THAT hard. I finally decided where FoRM would end.

ciao, darlings,

Asiat


10 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVED IT!!!! Sorry I don't come here to often I'll try harder, Promise!!!

Asiat Averas said...

lol. i'm glad you did, ang, dear. it's just the latest!

Love ya,

Asiat

Asiat Averas said...

i'm seriously beginning to worry... did Vortican die???

<3 Asiat

Vortican said...

Almost! But I'm back from nearly a week of partying with the Pens!! Getting together with other fans, being at the parade like allday, seeing the Stanley cup up close...Total awesomeness!!! My voicce is like gone,but I'm drinkin some tea, hoping it's on its way back sometime soon!
Woooooooooooooooooooo! \^o^/

Vortican said...

Much like Lizzie's dead friend William, I am now back!!!
(There is no escape from typo-teasing! ^_~)

Vortican said...

I like this beginning. Everything is kind of mellow after the dramatic events of FoRM. It's sad to see the group sort of split up but you know more adventures await!

Vortican said...

The story continues reallt seemlessly, everything follows right along from FoRM. Puuting the crew on probation is a nice touch. It adds credibility to the Legend Seeker Council; the are rules and consequences if they are broken.

Vortican said...

Interesting mythology note, that the Queen Cleopatra was named for a sphinx. This detail adds alot to the world, with the mythological creatures existing on the fringes of history. They are there, but not everyone know about them, except the Legend Seekers

Vortican said...

Adyin and Tess have made some progress in their relationship as well. THey seem alot more comfortable with each other allowing for more honesty, bout the whole jealousy thing.

Asiat Averas said...

hey vortican, about the whole honesty about jealousy, i think it's so cute that adyin doesn't even notice how hot other guys think tonia is - and I know (*wink wink*) that tonia really appreciates not looking at her that way.

hey, cherrios - smile!