Tuesday, May 12, 2009

And Now, For Something Completely DIFFERENT!!!~

I'm glad ya'll enjoyed the Trekkie Post. I loved it too! BUT THIS IS SOOOO NEW!!!

Like no-one-never-heard-of-it-new-story. Currently titled: Oh He Was Beautiful (meaning comes later in the story) I'm pretty sure this is gonna be one of those semi-mushy mythologically-based (YES, VERY MUCH SO!!!) stories. I think it's soooo cool, but, then you are judges as well:

"Keep to the Shadows because

you know not

what lingers in the light…"

- Lord Shade

Chapter 1 – The Shadow World

Perhaps it is foolish to say so, but love does strange things to people. I am known as Evelyn, Princess of the Shadow World. My mother is the Queen, known in the Over World as Penelope. And my father is known as Hades in the Over World. These are not their real names. My mother's real name is Penel and my father is Shade. Lord Shade.

My world is lost in shadows. Everything is grey and black. There is no color – no light. I have never been to the Over World. The few things that glitter here in the darkness are the stones. My father is Lord over the stones and rocks and dirt and the Dead. The Dead who come to my father's kingdom with gold on their eyes and underneath their tongue; people who once had lives but who come with no life and no color.

Things and people are so pale down here in the Underworld. It is dark and dank and dead. I have two true friends down here in the Underworld – Maxime and Cerberus. Maxime is a young woman who died during childbirth – she is just my age, just ten and six. She will get no older in this dark place, but nor will I. Cerberus may have a bad temper, but he is truly sweet and gentle – he would give his life for me.

Princess Evelyn, pretty Evelyn, wonderful Evelyn. Sometimes I get so sick of their lies. I cannot be pretty when I am as colorless as death. I cannot be wonderful if I cannot breathe in this must. My father says that I would burn in the sun if I went to the Over World. He says that there are bad people who would rob me of more than money. I do not believe him. I believe that anything would be better than living in this dark hole.

Penel, my mother, goes to her mother every six months to visit her mother. When she comes back she is brighter – like she has color. It is so beautiful. I wish I could go out so that I could get color. I wish I could run away and run free in a field and feel the sun on my face. My mother tells me such wonderful stories about the Over World and how beautiful and serene it is up there. How life is not consumed by death, but rather a celebration of life. How it is a cycle – birth, life, and death – in a winding dance that never seems to end.

How beautiful that sounds.

yeps, i kinda meander (puddle?) around the first chapter... but any takers??? vote yes or no or maybe if ya'll wanna see more!

*fumbles 'cuz she can't figure out how to do spock hands!!!*

*gives up*

Live long and prosper, buds.

Asiat


9 comments:

Vortican said...

First of all...
How can you not do the Vulcan hands?!? Come on! Practice or something! You have to know how if you're going after Spock! ^_~

Vortican said...

"Keep to the Shadows because you know not what lingers in the light…"
Wouldn't it be the other way around, you nkow with stuff lingering in the shadows? Well, I guess if you're dead, the light would be more fearful somwhow.

Vortican said...

On to the actual topic of the post...Something new!! I like the classical mythology foundation (studying Greek myths at the moment perhaps?), although I don't think there's andything "semi" about the mushy here. Given the lyrical way Evelyn describes her "emo"tions, I can't wait til we meet the titular "He"!!

Asiat Averas said...

i meant Vulcan hands on the computer, Vortican. I can do them JUST FINE in real life.

o wait - i can do it on this computer \\//

lol.

Vortican said...

I really like all the adjectives and the general way this story is written so far. All the aspects come together to create an atmosphere of the dead, not in a frightening way, but in a stagnant, drab, and weary way. Evelyn longs for something different, perhaps a little jealous that her mother gets to experience it and she can not.

Vortican said...

"Cerberus may have a bad temper, but he is truly sweet and gentle – he would give his life for me."

Cerberus is one of my all time favorite monsters! Unstoppable three-headed guard dog who can be lulled to sleep with music (awww!) but is never killed! ^o^
So then, is your Cerberus a person sharing the name and character traits of the beast? (protective yet gentle...check!)
Or perhaps is he a shape shifter? (This would be super cool! Hot guy that can change into a protective monster dog! Just sayin! O_O)

Vortican said...

\\//
Woooo!! Live Long and Prosper!! ^o^

Asiat Averas said...

Cerberus is a dog - a three-headed dog - Vortican. Evelyn's best friend is a DOG. geez. maybe i have to stress that a little more. :P

I'm not doing my job completely if you're not getting a little creeped by the Underworld... tsk tsk, Asiat, you need to get crackin'.

Ciao, Bella,

Asiat

Exploding Custard Pants Man!!!! said...

I am defo a bit creeped by this!
Sounds intriguing indeed, and I await seeing it develop.
That is, if you don't kill it off like SP and DJ!

\V/ Live long, and prosper.

hey, cherrios - smile!