Monday, November 2, 2009

Because sometimes, all you need is a dream...

And this story, here, is the fulfillment of simple things I've always wanted to do. I've always wanted to dance on the rain, and go to camp on a farm, and have to wear 'girly' clothes (I know that's a stretch, but sometimes I'd love to pull off being kind of Indie), and manage all these guy friends (NOT something I'm good at), and have this poetic ability to step back when I really would like to snap a certain annoyance's head off. This is the embodiment of dreams. My FAV <3


The rain pattered on my roof. I looked at Jane, my best friend, sleeping on the couch in my room. I saw the rain racing down the window in crystalline streams. I looked back at Jane, then out the window. I made my decision and pushed up the window stepping out on the roof. Scaling down the terrace, I wondered what Jane would think when she saw my bed was empty. Maybe I’d be back by then. The rain was cold and wet and felt so good on my skin. I stepped out the back gate and into the alleyway, twirling in the rain.
The moon wasn’t covered by the rain; rather it was amplified by the rain. I spun around with my eyes closed at the droplets fell down my arms, legs, and torso; I breathed deeply. After waking up from the haze, I slid back into my backyard and climbed the terrace to return sitting on my roof. Jane knocked on the window. I smiled and waved for her to come out.
“Hey there, I was wondering where you went,” she said, climbing out. “Dancing in the rain?”
“Yeah, just did it impulsively,” I said. Jane looked at me as if I were crazy. Maybe I was. She smiled softly. “Look,” I pointed. “There’s Matt.” I pointed to a car’s dimmed lights pulling into the driveway down the street.
“There’s Matt,” she echoed. The rain pulsed her hair into her face and I brushed it away.
“You missed him, didn’t you,” I commented. She nodded, blinking fast. “Don’t worry, he’s here now.”
“Yeah, I’m glad he is.”
“Let’s go back inside, Jane,” I suggested. “I need to change.”
“Same here,” she said quietly.
With that, we climbed back down into my room and grabbed towels from my bathroom.
“What’s it feel like?” I whispered.
“What?” she asked, surprised.
“Love. Remind me,” I replied.
“It’s like – whenever he sees me, he smiles so wide and you can see that he really is happy to see me. And whenever he claims me as his, my chest puffs out like a rooster’s and I can’t contain my happiness; I feel so happy just to know that I love him.” Jane looked at me and touched my shoulder. “He was a jerk, Claude. Forget him.”
“Kind of hard to,” I said bitterly. “He was my first. He’s still mad for no reason at all. Guess he can’t get over it. I’d like to be friends like we were.”

“It’s Tom, Claudia,” she tried to console my guilt. “Tom never gets over anything.”

Comments? Questions? Need for plot development? Email me, txt me, COMMENT!!!!
Much Love,
Asiat

11 comments:

Vortican said...

WOW! I check back like everyday, ususally for disappointment, but today...TaDaaa...something new!
Woooo!!

Vortican said...

Ah, yes, the infamous dancing in the rain fantasy. THe description is really sensual (in that it appeals to various senses, not necessarily in a sexy way although it is alittle of that too). Crystalline streams of rain, twirling in the misty moonlight, as the cool droplets spun around. Sounds like someone thought ALOT about this! I'm just sayin', next time it rains, head on out!

Vortican said...

I am remined of Ricky Martin:

"She'll make you take your clothes off and go dancin' in the rain! Livin' La Vida Loca!"

Vortican said...

Anyways, back on topic:
The relationship between Jane and Claudia seems to be very close, from dancing in the rain to sharing their thoughts on love. It will be interesting to se how their relationship develops, will they stay this close? or will they drift apart over camp? how did they get to be so close in the first place?

Vortican said...

We haven't really met any guys yet, but by bringing up Tom in the context that you do, you set him up in a pretty negative view while also raising a lot of questions. What exactly went on between them and why is he mad?

Vortican said...

So a fantasy of yours is to wear "girly" clothes? Like what exactly, amish dresses, hippie dresses, regency gowns? I'm sure you have something lying around!

Vortican said...

I recently read some other books you might like (I got them from the library, but If I buy them you can can borrow them):

Rampant by Diana Peterfreund - about..wait for it...killer unicorns. Astrid gets shipped off to a secret convent to learn the ways of the unicorn hunter while dealing with friendship and possible love.

I think she is currently working a a sequel as well!

Vortican said...

By the way, we missed you at haunted Kennywood, It was a Scream!! (Ha! bad pun!)

Asiat Averas said...

ooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkay....
Why thank you, do you know how long it took for me to take that description up? and I don't see sexual... maybe its just me.. and Yeah, it does remind me of Ricky Martin.

You must wait and see what happens between Claudia and Jane. And I'm glad that you picked up on me totally ratting Tom. When I speak so ill of him, you automatically get the idea that he is a bad person... but in actuallity, he's just disturbed, but more info coming.

wearing girly clothes as in wearing like an Indie skirt down the street. blah blah blah.

KILLER UNICORNS??? WORD UP!!! will check out!!!

hmmmm. i wanted to go, but my parents made me make a choice. i chose the one that long-term helped me not die in highschool...?

<3 A.

Vortican said...

So...
The longterm choice that will help you not die in high school was...shoe shopping?

Vortican said...

^_^

Been meaning to pick up the killer uni book. You can borrow it when I do!
Woooooo!
(I was trying to post a unicorn pic but couldn't figure out how...FAIL -_-')

hey, cherrios - smile!