Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wild Roses

SO I decided to make something comepletely different. Even now, I'm not so sure what this is about, but I'll find out soon. *clink* you champange classes... Here's to Wild Roses.

WILD ROSES

Burgundy roses
Under the full moon.
A girl making poses
In the month of June.

A time of loving
Of beauty and dispair.
A time of burgundy roses
A time to hate and dare.

What are we looking for?
Do we even care?
I see a girl in the dark, plaiting a
Love knot in her hair.

We are so vain.
We don't see the wild roses.
We're sitting there in the moonlight.
Making stupid poses.

I was there at midnight.
Thinking of things to do.
I take great delight.
When there's nothing much ado.

Now I see burgundy roses.
I say I never knew.
How they meant beauty.
How they meant you.

Now I think that all things are lost
Under the blood red sky.
Seeing black birds
Let out a screeching cry.

That's all for now....
Saranam.
A.A.

3 comments:

Vortican said...

Wow! This turned out really great! I like how you used a different color rose (and meaning...research paid off!)
I especially like the part:
"Now I see burgundy roses.
I say I never knew.
How they meant beauty.
How they meant you."
It really conveys a sense of loss; that the speaker didn't realize the meaning and depth of their love until it was gone. Epically romantic with a touch of sadness.
Thanks for writing and posting this one first! You are off to an excellent start; I can't wait to read more ^_^

Vortican said...

Also, on a different note:
you changed the layout! It looks pretty cool. Got some colored dots in the background to match the multi colored text. It all coordinates now!

Anonymous said...

I love it can't really explain why...I like the thing that vortican said about the one part...
Plus i love the new layout...it is less depressive more like you love ya!

hey, cherrios - smile!