Thursday, September 10, 2009

Vortican, check your inbox!!!

Okay, I give up on the Oakland/HighSchool post - it's much too hard to take pictures of Oakland when you're on a moving bus that wants to kill you. :( It's also very weird when people stare at you because you're taking pictures of yourself or them...

BUT, i continue my grand quest of posting Kristy's Story. And, like i said, Vortican CHECK YOUR INBOX!!!! you too, ECPM! you'll find a summary in there and the "final scene". *MUCH SPOILERS*

While the others laughed over scrambled eggs, I quietly walked upstairs. Allan was still sleeping peacefully. I brushed the hair away from his face and marveled at his perfect boyish complexion. I knew that from the day he was born to the day he died, he would be the most beautiful thing that had ever happened to me. He was the greatest miracle I could have ever received. I sat on the bed next to him, just looking at him.
There was a knock at the door.
“May I come in?” Emilia asked. I nodded. She came and stood by me. “He’s a marvelous-looking boy. Going to be a killer with the ladies, I see.” I just smiled.
“Yeah,” I whispered. “He’s a killer already. Killed Alice and me.” Emilia patted my shoulder.
“Where’s his father in all this mess?” she said. “It’s a shame.”
“It is a shame,” I said coldly.
“I’m sorry,” Emilia said. “I shouldn’t have asked.”
“No,” I said “You shouldn’t have.”
“I’m sorry,” she said. “I was wondering if you still were offering to help around here. Jack saw some questionable people hanging around. He thought that it would look more normal if you would do something. I told him I’d ask, but you don’t have to if you don’t want to.”
“No,” I said. “I want to do something to help. You’ve already saved our lives. That’s a debt not so easily paid. What do you want me to do first?”
“I thought you’d say that,” Emilia smiled. “I’ll go get some clothespins and the wet laundry. You see, in the country, we still air-dry our laundry.”
“My only request is that somebody stay with Allan,” I said.
“Well, Chief said one of the boys gotta’ stay with you, the other’s gotta’ stay with Allan,” she explained. “So that’s taken care of. Let me call Jack to take the first shift with Allan. In four hours Jack and Allan’ll switch. Okay?”
“Sure. Now where’s that laundry?”



<3>

Much Love, my girls,

A.




5 comments:

Asiat Averas said...

okay, forget the inbox. :( I didn't send it. besides, i'm about to post a biggie, so that it will make sense!

<3 A.

PS: It has to do with Pirate Day being on Saturday.

Vortican said...

^o^

Vortican said...

Hey! Finally back after a 4,321 mile road trip! Technically, we're still recovering (tired -_-) and getting out from under the large piles of work that accumulated while we were gone but...
We're Back Baby!

Vortican said...

As soon as I checked you blog, I ran and checked my inbox...to discover...depression, nothing there at all. However, the comments here explain it all (should've checked these first >_<)

Asiat Averas said...

should've. but i'll prolly send it to you when i'm less lazy, hon.

<3 A.

hey, cherrios - smile!